Human Resources’ (HR) mission is to foster the recruitment, retention and development of exceptional scientific, engineering and operational talent to achieve Berkeley Lab’s mission.
The following is a list of HR contacts:
HR Resources & Links
- Affiliate appointments, extensions and terminations: firstname.lastname@example.org
- GSRA time reporting questions: email@example.com
- Benefits: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resignations: Please complete the Supervisor's Notice of Employee Resignation Form to initiate the exit process for an employee that has resigned.
- Retirement: The Retirement Administration Service Center (RASC - a UC customer service center) 1-800-888-8267
- Payroll: email@example.com
HR Assistant, Daphne Trowbridge-Williams, (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For transactional, time-sensitive requests, please email the HR assistant team who work in concert to respond to inquiries in a timely manner. Using the team email, rather than contacting an individual, assures that your request will receive prompt attention. Some examples of transactional requests include the following:
- GSRA and Student Assistant hires
- Rehired retiree appointments/extensions
- Tracking and extension of student, limited and term appointments
- Processing of personnel action forms (ePAFs) related to status changes such as supervisory and department changes
- Referrals to Lab resources and services
Bill Cannan, Senior HR Division Partner; WRCannan@lbl.gov, (510) 486-6313
- Compensation (exempt staff)
- Employee-labor relations
- Performance management
- Organizational development/training
- S&E compensation/career development
- Workforce planning
- HR Policies
- Reduction-in-force/time guidance
LaTonja Wright, HR Division Partner; LSWright@lbl.gov, (510) 495-2772
- Coordination of S&E cases (hire, mid-term and promotion cases)
- Re-classes/promotions of non-S&E staff
- Postdoctoral fellow salary administration/conversions/exceptions
- Non-recruited hires requiring job leveling, waivers of posting, exceptions, etc.
- RIF skills assessments coordination
- Leave administration
- Lab recognition program
- Spot Award guidance and administration
Natalya McCool, Senior Recruiter; NMcCool@lbl.gov, (510) 495-2902
- Recruited positions
- Relocation guidance and administration
Didn't Find What You Were Looking For?
Contact the HR Assistant Team (email@example.com) for guidance.