Summer Program 2021
Welcome to the 2021 Computing Sciences Summer Program!
Dear Program Participants,
Welcome to LBNL's 2021 Computing Sciences Summer Program. I am Osni Marques, from the Computational Research Division (CRD), and the Summer Program Chair for 2021. As a member of this select group of faculty and students, your participation in the Berkeley Lab Summer Program will contribute important and valuable insights to your future professional development. You will have the opportunity to learn even more by attending a wide range of special events, presentations and tours that we have created just for participants in the program. Please check the table below for a schedule of these events. Due to the coronavirus situation, this year all events will be offered remotely (via zoom).
The program will start on June 1, 2021, with a welcome from David Brown, Director of the Computational Research Division.
I am looking forward to meeting you all (via zoom), and I hope you will find your summer at the Berkeley Lab very stimulating.
Please feel free to contact the following people if you have any questions about the Computing Sciences Summer Program or the Berkeley Lab:
- Summer Program Staff Email: [email protected]
- Osni Marques (Summer Program Chair, Computational Research Division)
- LaTonja Wright (Human Resources)
- Lisa Theobald (Summer Program Coordinator, Computing Sciences)
- Lucy Radcliffe (Seminar Coordination and Overall Support, Computing Sciences)
- Andrew Ratcliff (Operations and Communications, Computing Sciences)
- Kerri Peyovich (Poster Session Coordinator, Computational Research Division)
- If you are working through Workforce Development Office and have questions about your pay, email Nakieah Harrell
- If you are working through the Sustainable Research Program and have questions, email Dionne Myers
Schedule of Events
Berkeley Lab's Computing Sciences organization innovates, develops, and deploys new tools and technologies to support research in areas of global climate change, combustion, fusion energy, nanotechnology, biology, and astrophysics. The scheduled presentations aim at giving you an idea of the extensive range of that research. For updates and reminders, please email [email protected] to be added to the list of Google calendar invitees for this series of events.